Parsidora 15 is out and can be downloaded from project's sourceforge space. It is the same as RC1, so if you have downloaded Parsidora 15 RC1, you can use it as the final version. Parsidora 15 will be available soon from some internet shops.
This version comes with the latest updates from Fedora repositories.
Highlights of Parsidora 15 include:
* Easy deactivation of features specific to Iranian and Persian-speaking users. (Parsidora comes with a few tweaks and features for Iranian users). These features could be turned off during or after installation.
* Jocky, a powerful and handy utility for installing proprietary hardware drivers has been ported from Ubuntu for the first time. Jocky smartly detects required proprietary drivers for video cards, wireless chips and others and offers one-click installation of the drivers.
* Yum Fast Downloader plugin is included and enabled by default which accelerates yum package downloding.
* New applications added to the default setup:
Saaghar: A collection of classical and modern Persian poetry
Bicon: A utility for making shells compatible with right-to-left languages
StarCalendar: A handy desktop calendar which supports Jalali, Gregorian and Hijri calendars
Useful extensions for GNOME Shell (all extensions from Fedora repos are available upon the DVD)
GNOME Tweak Tool: a utility for tweaking various settings of GNOME 3
Devede:DeVeDe is a program to create video DVDs
Stellaruim: A planetarium app that renders 3D photo-realistic skies in real-time.
Celestia: A free 3D astronomy program
Fatrat: A powerful download manager
GoldenDict: A handy dictionary apps supporting various dictionary formats as well as online sources
Kino: A program to record, create, edit, and play movies recorded with DV camcorders.
Extundelete: A utility that can recover deleted files from an ext3 or ext4 file system.
* Better management of Parsidora DVD and Parsidora repo as the main source for package installation. Both Yum and PackageKit now automatically use the DVD if it's available and both tools will work normally even if the DVD is not inserted or the Parsidora online repo is down.